Published: 09/ 08/ 2019
Remember a time when the most distracting thing about having a mobile phone was playing Snake on your Nokia 3310?
Now with 4G technology (soon to be 5G), phones are so much more than a way to speak to people. They now allow us instant connectivity to everything happening on the planet, whether that be on social media, email or through news websites.
Whilst there are benefits, all of these numerous features can make smart phones quite distracting. As a business owner, it’s important to be able to focus on tasks that need your attention.
But what if there are ways in which you can use your phone to help you stay organised and on track with your work? Well, there are some great apps out there which can help you and your business be more productive.
1. Evernote - ever had a great idea in your head and then forgotten it a few hours later? Well, why not capture this information quickly with Evernote. This app lets you jot down all your ideas (written, audio, tables, checklists etc.) and share them across all your devices in cloud notebooks.
2. Todoist - this app lets you keep track of everything you have to do in one place, helping you to keep a clear head and start each day knowing exactly what you need to do. Whether it’s a checklist, a deadline, a project or something else, this app helps you keep track of your progress.
3. Freedom - as we alluded to earlier, smartphones are a gateway to all kinds of distractions. And no matter how hard you work, the temptation to look at sometimes pointless content can sometimes be too much! Why not install freedom? This ironically named app allows you to block websites whilst working. And if you really need to knuckle down, you can even block your phone from the whole internet.
4. Sage One - smart phones aren’t just tools for productivity and calmness, they can also help you with your accounting. Sage One is a great cloud-based tool that allows you to organise your small business’ finances whilst on the move. Want to track your invoices, pay staff and stay on top of your cash flow from anywhere? Sage One can help you do all of this and more.
5. Headspace - part of staying on top of your work is about learning when you need to relax. Taking breaks throughout the day is vital to helping you stay fresh and remain calm. Download this mindfulness and meditation app to help you take a short break. You’ll go through guided meditation sessions, so you will know what you’re doing every step of the way. This is great to do on a busy day. Make this a part of your daily routine and you’ll be energised and ready.