There is a full-time vacancy within the Compliance team in Grimsby. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team to primarily focus on our FCA and GDPR compliance obligations.
As an FCA regulated business we are obliged to comply with specific guidelines and principles to protect our customers and ensure we always treat them fairly.
In addition to this we are also bound by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect in May 2018. This regulation applies to all companies that collect, store and move personal data. As a business we must comply with the 7 principles of GDPR and ensure all our processes and procedures protect our customers data.
This position would suit a professional and dynamic individual who has a strong experience in working for similar organisations in a Regulated Compliance capacity with experience in both these areas.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record working in an FCA regulated organisation and the ability to understand and interpret the regulatory requirements set out by the FCA and the GDPR/ ICO.
Must have had a ‘hands on’ experience at dealing with GDPR requirements and handling data breaches and implementing new strategies to reduce risks. In addition, the candidate must have excellent communication skills with drive and tenacity and the ability to ‘get the job done’ with a can-do attitude.
This role reports directly to the Data Protection Officer.
- Act as subject matter expert on compliance requirements, including regulatory changes and guidance on FCA, GDPR/ICO.
- Responsible for ensuring our company is compliant with all FCA regulations and carry out regular monitoring and testing to ensure compliance is retained.
- Identify and share compliance risks highlighting any issues which may impact or hinder our mission to ‘treat our customers fairly’.
- Keep up to date with any regulatory changes ensuring we are adhering to changes and identifying any risks to the senior leadership team, disseminating and sharing knowledge with team and wider business.
- Be engaged and involved in new projects and initiatives to ensure FCA compliant is maintained and striving to reduce financial crime risks.
- Review and provide compliance advice on new products and/or sales initiatives
- Working with colleagues to ensure information systems are compliant with data protection requirements.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of GDPR, national data protection laws and current good practice relating to protecting personal and sensitive information.
- Carrying out Data protection impact assessments (DPIA’s) in relation to GDPR requirements where applicable.
- Overseeing the day to day Subject Access requirements and dealing with complex cases whilst sharing knowledge with the rest of the team to aid the upskilling of staff.
- Providing the DPO with examples where the business can improve the protection of personal data and sharing tangible solutions to minimise risk.
- Must have worked in an FCA regulated organisation in a compliance-based role with at least two years’ experience.
- Demonstrate excellent standards of delivery of regulatory activities and compliance best practice and the ability to interpret the law and translate this effectively across the business.
- Proven track record of sustaining FCA & GDPR compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, persuade and motivate others.
- Developing and drivea culture which supports a strong awareness and responsibility towards personal data and recognises that the data belongs to the individual.
- It would be highly desirable if the candidate had an accredited qualification in FCA/GDPR compliance in a financial capacity coupled with experience.
- Experience of working at supervisory management level.
- Worked on successful projects which improve compliance across the business and utilising business improvement tools to increase customer experience and streamlining processes.
- Ability to challenge the norm
- Working to deadlines
- Problem solving
- Working in a fast paced, ever changing environment