An experienced Quality Assurance Engineer is required to help improve the quality of our growing delivery team. Being a small but rapidly scaling company, we need someone who can get involved in all areas of quality, testing and assurance, work closely with developers and stakeholders alike so that all change is impactful and delivers value to our customers.
We offer a market-leading range of solutions, including card terminals, online payments, POS systems and more. Plus, we now also build websites, to help businesses market and sell online quickly and affordably. We offer this, all with high levels of support, provided by helpful, personable experts.
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 dependant on experience
Location: Remote but must be willing to travel to our Stockport Head Office once a month
Primary Responsibilities for our Quality Assurance Engineer
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools.
- Monitor debugging process results to determine success, failure or potential issues that could lead to detrimental results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software, work closely with developers and if needs be help educate users to implement solutions.
- Working as part of a team utilising SCRUM and/or Kanban to manage in-house development effort.
Primary Skills for our Quality Assurance Engineer
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any one time
- Ability to provide objective feedback to software development project teams
- Ability to stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Experience required of our Quality Assurance Engineer
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role, being part of a team delivering meaningful change within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Utilising test plans and test cases appropriately within an Agile delivery environment
- Experience in managing and working with technical Non-functional requirements and testing approaches.
- Experience in the .NET suite of development tools with specific Azure experience a bonus.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.